Monday, May 17, 2010

The Almost Moon

Read May 2010

My Rating: 2 / 5


"For years Helen Knightly has given her life to others: to her haunted mother, to her enigmatic father, to her husband and grown children. When she finally crosses a terrible boundary, her life comes rushing in at her in a way she never could have imagined.

Unfolding over the next twenty-four hours, this searing, fast-paced audiobook explores the complex ties between mothers and daughters, wives and lovers, the meaning of devotion, and the line between love and hate. It is a challenging, moving, gripping story, written with the fluidity and strength of voice that only Alice Sebold has.”

Brianna's Review: I was very disappointed with this book. The only good thing I can say is that I was never bored. The book is over a span of 24 hours, and she is constantly moving from past to present, leaving you confused. She also has way too many characters, whether it's her daughter, friend, neighbour, etc. It took me till the end of the book to remember which character was which. The actual story itself I was also disappointed in. I mean in the first chapter the main character does something completely crazy and you think that by the end of the book you will find out what her reasons were to lead her to doing what she did, and you never really find that out. The end of the book also leaves you with no answers. I loved the Lovely Bones, and Lucky which are her two other books, so I was definatley disappointed in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment