Monday, April 11, 2011

The Good Daughters

Read March 2011

My Rating: 4 out of 5

"They were born on the same day, in the same small New Hampshire hospital, into families that could hardly have been less alike. Ruth Plank is an artist and a romantic with a rich, passionate, imaginative life. The last of five girls born to a gentle, caring farmer and his stolid wife, she yearns to soar beyond the confines of the land that has been her family's birthright for generations. Dana Dickerson is a scientist and realist whose faith is firmly planted in the natural world. Raised by a pair of capricious drifters who waste their lives on failed dreams, she longs for stability and rootedness."


My Review: This book was easy to enjoy, the story was good and rather interesting. I thought I had guessed what was going on, but ended up being only partly right. I enjoyed all the characters, and each one of their stories. It was a tough decision to make this a 4 star instead of a 5, but although I thought it was really good, I couldnt say it was amazing. Would recommend this book to my friends for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment