Friday, April 23, 2010

A Million Little Pieces

Read January 2010

My rating: 2/5


"At the age of 23, James Frey woke up on a plane to find his four front teeth knocked out, his nose broken, and a hole through his cheek. He had no idea where the plane was headed nor any recollection of the past two weeks. An alcoholic for ten years and a crack addict for three, he checked into a treatment facility shortly after landing. There he was told he could either stop using or die before he reached age 24. This is Frey's acclaimed account of his six weeks in rehab."


Brianna's Review: This book was different. His writing was different, and for the first part of the book I found his writing intriguing, and I just wanted to keep reading. But after reading about 1/4 of the book, I didn’t enjoy his writing anymore. It took me a very long time to get through this book, and I found myself skipping paragraphs. I also think the fact that this book is supposed to be a true story, and that later on the author admitted to fabricating large pieces of the book is also disappointing. Now after saying all that, I think the story itself was still good, and in a way encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment