Friday, April 23, 2010

Still Alice


Read February 2010 * * * * *

"Alice Howland, happily married with three grown children and a house on the Cape, is a celebrated Harvard professor at the height of her career when she notices a forgetfulness creeping into her life. As confusion starts to cloud her thinking and her memory begins to fail her, she receives a devastating diagnosis: early onset Alzheimer's disease. Fiercely independent, Alice struggles to maintain her lifestyle and live in the moment, even as her sense of self is being stripped away. In turns heartbreaking, inspiring and terrifying, Still Alice captures in remarkable detail what's it's like to literally lose your mind..."

Brianna's Review: Words don't describe how this book makes you feel when you are reading it. But there is one thing I can say about this book - ‘MUST READ’. I thought this was the most amazing book I have read in a long time. It is about a woman who is diagnosed at the age of 50 with alzheimers. Although I didn’t want to cry, I did for about the last 40 pages…like a baby :( But I could NOT set it down once I was halfway through. It is sad, realistic, and has an ironic humour too it. I think that everyone should read this book, whether you want a sad book or not, it was AMAZING! I borrowed it from a friend, but may end up looking for a copy at a used book store to keep for myself, because I know at some point down the road, I will want to read it again. She has another book coming out soon, I hope it is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment